30 янв. 2014 г.

Fortune Presents Gifts not According to the Book


Books play an incredible role in my life. What can I say, they were my mentors and best friends since childhood. Each stage of my life is associated with a particular book or writer. My first love - Greek myths and fairy tales. Then Goethe, Bulgakov, Hoffmann, Baudelaire, Eliade. In University I was fascinated by books on philosophy and cultural studies, history of religions. Nowdays one of my "table books" - Emil Cioran's brief essays. 

Now, when I'm finishing my study, I connected with books like never before. The deal is in my thesis, dedicated to oriental religions and architecture. So all the books I'm reading in some way connected with this topic. And the best among them is "Jaina temple architecture in India". This is a true compendium of knowledge! The most expensive and, well, the biggest and heaviest book in my library :) Hundreds of color illustrations and rare information. Yes this is a whole treasure!




I wonder what are you reading now?)

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий